Sunday, July 18, 2010

Netanyahu : "80% of Americans support us. It's absurd."

Israeli's Channel 10 has aired a video of Prime Minister Netanyahu, secretly-recorded 9 years ago, in which he boasts of conning the US and scuttling the Oslo peace accords.

"I know what America is. America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won't get in our way."

"80% of Americans support us. It's absurd."

"They asked me before the election if I'd honor [the Oslo accords]," he said. "I said I would, but ... I'm going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the '67 borders. How did we do it? Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far as I'm concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone. Go argue."

He also said the only way to deal with the Palestinians is to "beat them up so badly it's unbearable."

Various translations of the vid provided by Haaretz, Washington Post, and Tablet, who also posts the original.

Ten days ago Netanyahu said he did not intend to extend a 10-month moratorium on housing starts in West Bank settlements that expires in September, saying, "I think we’ve done enough."
32 new Israeli homes were just approved in the settlements even as occupied Palestinian houses are being demolished.

"I believe Prime Minister Netanyahu wants peace,” responded Obama, as Washington plans to provide Israel with $2.7-billion in security aid for 2010.

No comments: